You’ve probably read enough blogs how to make a dream podcast. You’ve bought the suggested microphones, worked hard on your script and sounded as lively as possible. But, still no takers?! Maybe you should know what you’ll have to steer clear of in the first place, to create a good quality podcast.
Everybody makes mistakes and these are a few mistakes most of us make in our excitement to create a podcast that can have listeners hooked.
- Avoid sounding too full of yourself and most people tune-out when they hear an over enthusiastic podcaster who sounds too eager to please.
- There are a lot many podcasters who get celebrities on their shows to up the entertainment quotient. But if the guest is in no way connected to the general theme or the topics you discuss, on your show, it may not create a the ripple you wish it had!
- Being listed on every directory. Choose places where you are most likely to reach your target audience.
- Not taking an effort on creating a presence on social networking sites. Don’t market extensively but do use every platform available to generate buzz.
- Creating too much of a hype about a forthcoming podcast can backfire and make the podcast fall flat on its face as there would be a lot many people waiting to give it the thumbs down.
- Music is important to a podcast but most podcasters overlook this fact! Even if it is, just a, filler having a catchy signature tune can attract people easily. Clichéd and oft heard tunes can bore people.
- Forced humor hardly ever works.
- Finally, not enough research into a subject can easily show and drive away listeners.