The word dissertation can send shivers to the body of any student; well I must say every student. It doesn’t matter you are class topper or a just passing student the most horrifying thing for every student is a dissertation. Write a dissertation itself is a daunting task and writing it up to the mark and according to your lecturer is another.
Most students try to avoid writing a dissertation till the last moment or copy it from someone. Writing a dissertation at the last moment will not only affect your dissertation quality wise but it will also be very stressful and copying is something which should be avoided at any cost as it directly affects your knowledge. Writing a dissertation is not as difficult as it seems if you follow some certain tips and guidelines
Some quick tips or guidelines
1) Managing Time – Don’t panic! Your dissertation might seem like an endless project, but you can break it down into a list of tasks. Having a plan for using your time to complete those tasks will get it done.
2) Break down your dissertation into stages and plan the time accordingly to fit them all in.
3) Have a Contingency plan always. No one ever sticks to their plan perfectly, and you can’t predict all the things that might slow you down, so build in some extra time for catching-up.
4) Select a research method that suits your question. Sometimes student pick their method prior to defining the problem. This is like putting the cart before the horse. Let the topic define the method, not the other way around.
5) Establish a solid context for your research. Writing a good review of the literature is a significant step towards completing the dissertation.
6) Work on your dissertation during times when you are most productive.
7) Will – It may sound silly, but a major part of the dissertation writing a dissertation is simply having the will to write it—making yourself do it, even when you don’t want to. The dissertation is a marathon, not a sprint, and it will take endurance, determination, perseverance and patience.
8) Think of each chapter as an essay in itself.
9) Don’t make your dissertation writing boring. Keep taking breaks or do something in between which you enjoy to refresh your mind.
10) After completing your dissertation take some time to go through it all over again. It will help you in finding your mistakes and correct and makes your dissertation a perfect one.
By keeping these steps in find you will find that writing a dissertation is not so tough task. Rather it gets very easy when you do it by the above stated way. Not only you will be able to complete your dissertation in time but also perfect in the terms of quality.