One of the greatest mysteries of the universe is how raw footage can always be rubbish. It takes a good video editor to jazz up videos and give them the much needed professional touch. We list out 7 awesome video editing softwares that are loaded with features, easy to use and most importantly free!
The best 7 free video editors around!
- Kate’s Video Toolkit offers editing features that are useful albeit a bit basic. You can trim videos, add transitions and there is also a simple video convertor. If you are learning the ropes of video editing or your editing needs are simple, Kate’s Video Toolkit is for you.
- Avidemux is slightly more complicated but the learning curve is not too steep. There are tools to cut and join video clips and you don’t have to go through the messy process of re-encoding. The software also has extensive filter effects and good sound editing options.
- VSDC Free video editor is a feature rich editing tool that demands a bit of patience. It can be a tad complicated to handle at first but it is well worth the effort. It is very functional and has a huge array of drawing and selection tools, light correction options, filters, transitions and sound effects.
- Windows Movie Maker proves that working with Windows can be vibrant and fun as well! Drag and drop video clips, organize them the way you want, add transitions and you have edited video clip in your hands! It is that easy. There is also a useful video shake reduction and video brightening feature.
- WeVideo is a free, online video editor that takes as little as 3 minutes to install. The interface is simple and gives a feeling of Déjà vu with its video player on the right and timeline at the bottom of the screen. The transform tool and effects tool palettes innovative video editing options. Audio level can be adjusted and trimmed as well which is a huge plus!
- There are some great effects, videos can be imported and arranged into bins, several rooms are available with editing layouts and has been used by Hollywood editors! Lightworks is as professional as they come. It’s got power-packed editing tools. Audio and video tracks can be edited independently which is a great relief if you are working with multiple files.
- MPEG Streamclip, well with a name like that you’d expect the software to be bare-boned. Surprise! MPEG Streamclip has some very smart features. It can open multiple files and soundtrack can be imported. It offers users a lot of control and is amazingly easy to use.