When it comes to corporate world, video conferencing has become an integral part of it. It today’s time is money world nobody has a time to travel long distances to meet someone and sit over a chair or couch, have a cup of coffee and talk about the betterment of both of them. Video conferencing has changed everything. Now all you have to do is sit in your office and you can attend a conference or talk to anyone anywhere in the world.
Video conferencing has changed things drastically. Not only it has cut short the time and distance but it has made the world a shorter place to be in. It is like a cobweb which is there to facilitate you and let you connect to anyone. When it comes to a video conference all you have to do is sit in your room and get connected. But there are certain things which should be kept in mind while having a video conference. Even though you are not meeting in person but still “first impression is the last impression” holds true.
Things To Avoid in Video Conferencing
Whenever you have a video conferencing there are certain things you have to avoid doing as it creates a wrong impression or rather a bad impression in front of others
1) You Didn’t Do a Test Run – Always run a test or walk-through to be sure your equipment is running properly. The last minute hiccups are the one which impacts the most. Make sure you avoid them by doing a test run before going for the video conference.
2) There is Too Much Noise – Noises can irritate and it becomes more irritating when the person who is listening is really focused on what you are saying. Make sure you have a video conference in a very quiet place, away from any unwanted noise.
3) Why Are We Here Again – Never start a video conference without having a clear agenda. Make yourself very clear about the subject and the things you are going to talk about in the conference. There’s nothing worse than scheduling a meeting for multiple people in multiple locations and wasting time trying to sort through objectives.
4) Playing With Your Phone – With the invention of mobile phones this is a general mistake. Avoid your mobile phone at all cost. Using the phone between the conferences gives the impression of having less interest and the low importance you are giving to the others.
5) You are In Your Pyjamas – You are not meeting in person but still it’s a conference. The others would like you to shape up nicely.
Taking care of these things while doing a video conferencing will not only make you excel a video conference but it also gives a nice impression of yours. Impression is what affects the most. So the next time you have a video conferencing avoid these no – no’s and make sure its you who is with flying colors.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.