Gone are the days when you had to buy a video recorder or a DSLR to shoot a video. Technology has done wonders for us. Now to shoot a video all you have to do is take out your smartphone from your pocket and start shooting and in most cases a smartphone means an iPhone. Using your iPhone you can shoot videos of the same quality as that of a video recorder or a DSLR and sometimes of even better quality!
Everyone wants to capture special moments in life like birthdays, family holidays, your child’s special moments etc. We will give you a few tips to record professional quality videos using iPhone.
Tips to get you started!
1) Keep It Steady – You don’t need a tripod to keep your iPhone steady while capturing a video, but that’s no reason to be a slouch when it comes to shooting. Use both hands while capturing a video and avoid walking unless it is very necessary. Keep your hands very steady to avoid sluggish video.
2) Get the full picture – Keep the iPhone option to wider video so that you can get the full picture without taking the phone backwards to capture everything.
3) Tap on Focus – Auto focus is a very important and most of us take it for granted. Do tap on auto focus to get a much better video quality. Apple’s tap to focus technology lets you decide which subject the camera will dedicate its focus on and you can even change it on the go as you’re shooting, if need be.
4) Hold it Vertically – Hold the phone vertically not horizontally as we do while using the iPhone for other purposes. If you hold the phone horizontally you will not be able to get a wide picture and better quality.
5) Light Camera Action – When you start capturing the video make sure that you have a proper light. Turn on the lights of the room or shoot in a room with proper sunlight. Light matters a lot when it comes to quality.
6) Focus on video – While capturing a video your main focus should be on the video and the phone not on the characters. Focus is very important. If your focus is on something else then your videos can look downright messy!
Shooting a video with your iPhone is very easy but to shoot the video with quality takes some skill. Follow these tips to ensure that the quality of your video doesn’t take a beating!
Have a nice tip to add? Share it with us!