With strength of 150 million monthly active users Instagram continues to be the top choice for advertising. In the world of marketing one of the key areas of concern is user engagement, which is still a challenge when you create an advertising video on Instagram. As the saying goes one size doesn’t fit all the purposes and to shoot up (a video) doesn’t require you to hire a professional.
So what are the challenges you face when it comes to making an impressive advertisement?
- How to get good engagement?
- What should be the content level?
- Are there any tools available to apply some technical magic to the film?
- What are the critical things to keep in mind prior shooting?
Down are the answers to the above challenges!
- Good Engagement: The story that represents your brand should have a medium standard to address the viewer’s needs. There should be continuity in the video. Include dramatic scenes, since dramatic scenes attract a lot of people on social media.
- Content Level: The social media users like to watch inspirational and funny scenes, which comes with a positive message. Instagram is a platform to help you generate lots of buzz for your brand. It is also used to answer the FAQs about your product.
- iMovie version 2 an advanced app to do the trick: The apps iMovie has streamlined gestures and Multi-Touch gestures you have the full control on sound and helps you create HD videos.
- Most important tip prior shooting a video: The Instagram allows only 15 seconds of a video so you have very little time to make an impression.
A few other useful tips…
- If you want to transition scenes all you need to do is to select an object of your choice as a divider between two completely different scenes.
- Pulling the foreground out of focus or background into focus suddenly is what most filmmakers love. You can either use the tapping feature of your phone or a telephoto phone lens for getting more focus. You can analyze the shots as you move your phone or if you use the telephoto and a focusing ring then you can get the nice depth of the field.
- Proper sequencing and chopping will give your video a different and unique style as what “Momento” the film got for best editing in the Oscars. So before you start shooting your video think how long should your video be? How should be the beginning and the end? What should be in the middle? Think for a minute to come with an innovative idea.
- The fast and slow motion effect: It is difficult to get a slow motion effect particularly because the phone doesn’t have enough high frame per second shooting feature. There is an app Twixtor which manipulates the video such that you get a slow motion effect.
- Use of filters with the help of app or hand: The apps like Vintagio and 8mm helps in giving the looks to a film according to the time Era required example 20’s or70’s. You can use a red glass in front of lens to get horror look or a plastic to get a fade or a dreamy look.
These are some of the ideas and apps to help you make amazing videos on Instagram. If you have some more tips or apps please share with us.